Data Privacy & Security
At HERITAGE 54 we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you.
How may we use your information?
We collect information from you for different purposes;
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site.
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you, so we can make sure that the items you order get to you (and get there on time!), so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account, so we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you.
- To ensure that our users are genuine and to ensure that we are paid for goods that we despatch.
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers - If you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers.
- To make HERITAGE 54 products and services better and to develop new ones.
How we DON’T use your information
We will not sell your personally identifiable information – including your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card information - to any third party. We believe this is absolutely essential to receive and repay your trust in us.
How long do we keep your information for?
We retain the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Protecting your security
We are always striving to make sure your information is protected. As soon as we receive your information, we use various security features and procedures to protect the personal information that you provide and to prevent unauthorised access to that information.
You can keep your account safe by using a strong password that includes characters other than just letters. We also encourage you not to use the same password across all or many of your online accounts.
Both the information you provide to us, and the information we collect is controlled for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and any other applicable laws.
We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied – after all, we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family.
Changes to this Policy
This page was last updated on 1 September 2018.